Archangel Imaging makes drones better. Our navigation unit can be used to navigate many types of drone and UxV when GPS and GNSS isn’t available. We aim to grow the number of ground control systems we can successfully integrate and communicate with.
As Ground Control Interface Software Engineer, you will own the development and integration of reliable, intuitive ground control software which allows our navigation system to be configured as part of mission planning. This includes integrating with existing third-party ground control systems (GCS) and developing bespoke components. This role involves:
- Designing and building modules to add new functionality in existing or bespoke ground control software and mission planning systems
- Integrating our modules into new ground control systems
- Provide useable architectural overviews to aid integration, development and testing
- Engaging with end users to develop ground control systems, documentation and training which enable them to easily complete their drone missions.
- Working with our simulation and flight teams to test your software
At Archangel Imaging, you will be working alongside a fun, experienced and forward-thinking team to deliver transformative AI solutions that help organisations like Network Rail and Ministry of Defence better protect our service personnel, critical infrastructure and first responders over large, remote areas. But that’s not all! We work extensively with industry drones and robotics partners to create turn-key solutions, so you will have exposure to the latest cutting-edge technologies. You will be joining a company that is enjoying great success. We have recently won the GENIUS NY program in New York (the largest accelerator program for unmanned systems in the world). In addition we have won a number of exciting development projects with key defence customers.
Working with us means you will have:
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology with big visions
- A culture of supportive team and high ownership so you can get as much responsibility as you would like to take on
- Investment in you to be the best you can be, including training resources and plenty of growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation packages (salary, bonuses, and shares options scheme)
- Options for flexible working hours and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A variety of perks: Goodies, access to discounts, and the opportunity to join the team once a year on an exciting retreat where we recharge and have fun! 😎
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Software development experience in more than one modern language
- Proficiency with object-oriented C++
- User interface software development experience
- Experience integrating against multiple APIs (e.g. REST, MQTT, etc.)
- List specific UI frameworks (like QML/Qt, wxWidgets, GTC+)
Bonus if you have:
- Developed on existing Ground Control Systems such as QGroundControl, Mission Planner, or proprietary GCSes for autopilots such as UAVOX apx, CloudCap Piccolo, Embention Veronte, etc. or frameworks like ATAK/CivTAK.
- Experience with other complex, real-time control systems, geospatial data handling, or telemetry and automation interfaces
- Experience with C++ User Interface frameworks (particularly QML/Qt, but also wxWidgets, GTC+, etc).
- Experience piloting UxVs or experience developing or interfacing to MAVlink, Ardupilot, PX4 or other autopilots.
- Familiarity with mapping overlays, projections and handling GeoTIFFs
- Managed georeferenced data from multiple sources within a single interface
Hybrid or fully remote from anywhere in the UK.
So, what’s next?
Apply now and someone from our HR team will get back to you asap. The usual process includes a screening call, offline assessment and then a big call with our team to get to know each other. That’s it!
Sounds interesting? Apply now and join Archangel Life! 🚀