About Archangel Lightworks:
At Archangel Lightworks, we are building the future to make the world (and the solar system) a more connected place! We’re developing space (and ground, air, sea, etc.) laser communication technology which will be used to create solutions to some of Earth’s most critical problems from economic inclusion to climate change!
Join us and you’ll be at the cutting edge of (free space) laser communications technology doing work that really matters. We care about our team and will provide you with a fast-paced, challenging and fulfilling environment to leverage your existing skills while you grow and develop.
We are passionate about innovation and driven to improve humanity’s communications infrastructure. To support our growth, we are looking for an experienced embedded software engineer with software architecture and practical implementation skills to accelerate our technology and mission forward.
As Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of our embedded software, from architecture to implementation. You will work closely with the project lead and control systems engineer to deliver high performance embedded control systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with our cross-functional team to develop the next generation of lasercom ground stations.
- Designing, developing and maintaining embedded software for Linux platforms and real-time control of our ground station.
- Writing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Supporting assembly, integration and testing and in-field full system tests with test software.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of software development processes and tools.
- Experience developing software for embedded Linux platforms, ideally using Petalinux
- Experience developing software for embedded real-time control systems, ideally using FreeRTOS
- Proficient in C/C++/Python development
- Experience configuring Linux systems
- Experience developing device drivers to interface with real-world hardware using a variety of protocols, such as I2C, SPI, CAN, and EtherCAT
Desirable Additional Skills:
- Some FPGA development experience (Verilog/VHDL) would be a plus, ideally using Xilinx Vivado or similar
- Experience with TCP/IP protocols
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience developing Python GUIs
- Experience using UML or MBSE tools, ideally Enterprise Architect
- Understanding of Control System theory
- Understanding or experience in image processing and machine vision
- Familiarity with ECSS guidance on software development
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package (salary and equity options scheme, pension contribution)
- Annual team retreat
- Dedicated training budget and materials
- Options for flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology to support a world-changing vision
- A supportive team culture with high levels of ownership and responsibility
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and gain exposure in different areas based on your interests
- A variety of additional perks including goodies, discounts, and app subscriptions