Archangel Imaging is a startup transforming the way we protect lives and assets in off-grid, remote locations with AI-enabled early warnings and actions. We have developed unique edge AI solutions winning the AIConics AI for Good award (2019), the BT Infinity Lab Augmented Intelligence award (2018), and finalist at the Dubai’s Robotics for Good (2017), and our teammates have worked on World Record projects. We are passionate about empowering small teams with smart resources, so they can be at the right place at the right time over vast amount of lands to tackle complex challenges like poaching and organised crimes.
We are looking for an exceptional, proactive, detail-oriented full-stack engineer to lead and grow our team of developers in delivering apps and services for SaaS customers.
You will manage our full-stack development team and contribute heavily to the architecture, design and development to produce novel applications that manage AI-enabled devices.
This is a chance to join a fast moving startup at a time when you can strongly influence the design decisions, technology selection and talent recruitment.
- Architect the front-end, back-end and middleware solutions for our web apps, iOS and Android apps that interact with remote embedded devices.
- Interact with the other development teams to ensure a complete system design.
- Design and develop key components
- Recruit to grow the back-end development team
- Manage the development team to deliver quality outputs, following agile methodologies.
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
Essential skills/ experience:
- Commercial full-stack scalable system design and delivery experience
- Multi-platform architecture / design experience
- SaaS / B2B / Multi-customer development and deployment experience
- Strong software design and development experience, including OO design
- Strong rapid / iterative development skills
- Excellent full-stack design and development experience
- Team lead experience
- Proficient with multiple modern technology such as MEAN, MERN, React, Vue, Angular, Node, GO, Express, MongoDB, SQL, NoSQL, MQTT, Kafka, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes, Message Brokers, etc.
- Commerical experience with cloud deployment, network diagnostics and data analytics
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Strong commitment to agile practices
- Strong understanding of security essentials, session management, etc.
- Familiarity with TDD, BDD, CI, CD etc.
- Devops system design and deployment experience
Desirable skills/ experience:
- A Masters degree in a computer science related subject
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- User experience design and mockup skills
- Web app, iOS and Android app GUI design experience
- Familiar with serverless architecture
- Familiar with micro-services architecture
- Familiar with LoRa, Wi-Fi, Iridium, 3G, 4G etc.
- Early stage startup experience preferred
- Embedded software experience beneficial
- Salary £50,000 - £70,000+ annual equivalent depending on your experience/skills
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.❤
- Flexible working hours, working from home
- You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Bonus, pay rise and shares options for excellent impact
- Gym discounts, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- Paid classroom training and online courses
- Relocation support, as needed
- Fresh fruits 🍒& snacks 🍫 & ☕ weekly restocked and thoughtfully remixed
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK's answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
- Team socials
- Latest tech and tools to make your work lives easier
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with longer-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Regular remote work is possible for qualified candidates. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel.
- You can view our careers-related info pack on slideshare
- This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
- For questions please write to careers [at] archangel [dot] im.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on certain visas that can switch to Tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications, but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website
**No recruitment agencies please**