We believe the teams of the future will be hybrid, with humans working alongside machines to solve persistent, global problems, and we’re building that future using the latest in advanced AI technologies and connected edge devices.
With projects ranging from anti-poaching protection to rail trespass monitoring, we excel in helping companies protect their remote assets and we’re proud to have won several international awards for our work. We’ll provide you a high-paced, challenging and fulfilling environment to further your career, empowering you to help you shine in your role.
We develop novel, power-optimised, computer vision algorithms that combine machine learning with specialist cameras. We are looking for a proactive candidate with a strong understanding of computer vision and machine learning concepts, with an enthusiasm for applying their work to real life situations. To be successful you should be able to show off evidence of your personal deep learning projects
Depending on skills and experience, you may be responsible for planning the imagery collection, developing & training neural nets, optimising for power consumption, optimising for embedded devices, testing or deploying the system.
Depending on your other skills you could also get involved in embedded software development, prototyping hardware (think Raspberry Pi, drones, 3D printing etc.) and customer liaison. Let us know what you can do!
Joining us at this stage will also enable you to influence the product direction and hiring your perfect team mates as we grow.
Responsibilities will vary depend on your skills and desired career direction.
Key responsibilities are:
- End-to-end responsibility for solving a problem and delivering end user value
- Negotiating requirements
- Designing a strategic approach to solving problems
- Developing solutions
- Communicating results clearly
Essential skills / Experience
- Excellent skills in deep learning (CNN training, testing, evaluation and deployment)
- Proficient with multiple machine vision and machine learning frameworks (OpenCV, TensorFlow, TensorRT, Darknet, PyTorch etc.) with a strong portfolio of development examples
- Researching, designing and implementing machine learning and computer vision solutions
- Excellent Python and/or C++ skills
- Solid understanding of regular computer vision techniques (OpenCV, SVM, KNN etc.)
- Strong data science skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, and spoken)
- Strong software design and development experience, including OO design
- Awareness of hardware limitations
- Degree in a computer science related subject
Desirable Skills / Experience:
If you bring any of these to the table, you will be able to stand out from the crowd...
- Strong understanding of imaging sensors, image processing and camera interfaces
- Commercial experience delivering machine learning and computer vision solutions
- Automation and devops, especially leveraging the cloud for training models
- Containerised solutions such as Docker and Balena
- Customer / user engagement experience
Stuff you can do that we'd like to hear about in your application:
- That phone app you made to solve a cool problem
- Running deep learning on embedded devices such as NVIDIA Jetson, Google Coral or Intel Movidius
- Anaconda knowledge (not the snake!)
- That IoT project you did for your Dad last Christmas
- Awareness of modern software development (CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Scripting and web API ninja skills
- Communication technology experiments (wireless weather station, IoT,etc.)
- Location: Most of the work can be done remotely. Hardware-related work is based the Harwell Space Campus. Visits to the office for collaboration are encouraged (when possible).
- Interested applicants may wish to join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.
- Security clearance: Due to the sensitive nature of some of our work, it would be beneficial for candidates to be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for this role
Why join our team:
- Potential bonus and significant equity for demonstrated impact
- Merit-based compensations
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- A variety of training and learning programs, from online to residential and in-house learning
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
- High-performance, ambitious, like-minded team