Are you an experienced Lead Systems Engineer looking to make the world (and the solar system) a more connected place?
Joining Archangel Lightworks, you will be responsible of the technical leadership of the product development team to deliver a market-leading optical communication terminal in a start-up environment.
Join us and you will be working with a fun, experienced, and forward-thinking space engineering team to deliver transformative free-space lasercom solutions to help solve some of Earth’s most critical problems, from economic inclusion to climate change. But that’s not all! We work extensively with aerospace primes, space agencies and specialist research partners which will provide you with exposure to cutting-edge technologies and exciting challenges, all in a fast-paced, supportive startup environment. You will be an integral part of a growing team which has already won international prizes and awards including having completed the Catalyst Accelerator which is backed by the US Air Force, Space Force and Microsoft.
You will make an impact by:
- Leading engineering team through design, development and verification processes for high-performance free space optical communication terminals (1-100Gbps+).
- Technical management (requirement, interface, planning, risk, configuration, technical budgets etc.) and providing project planning inputs to PM.
- Interfacing with external customers, partners, suppliers and external subcontractors on a technical basis as appropriate.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Experience leading development and delivery of complex, multi-disciplinary, products
- Technical systems engineering experience including requirements definition, logical decomposition, KPI identification and tracking, interface management, development & verification planning
- Experience / understanding of MBSE as applied to various product lifecycle stages
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with relevant aerospace & defence standards and processes (ECSS, CCSDS, IEEE etc)
- Experience with one/some of Laser Communication, GNC, Pointing Acquisition and Tracking Systems, Electro Optical Systems, Satellite Communication
- Systems, Ground Segment System Development, Satellite Instrument Development.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Practical AIT experience
- Experience with supplier management, supply chain management
Location: Hybrid with travel when required. Our office is currently based in Osney Mead, Oxford.
By joining us, you will have:
- The opportunity to make a measurable difference in a growing startup building cutting edge technology to support a world-changing vision;
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you;
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity options scheme), alongside pension contribution and annual leave allowance
- Investment in you to help you grow, with training resources and budget
- A supportive team culture with high levels of ownership and responsibility
- Annual team retreat, regular socials and weekly team lunch
- A variety of additional perks including goodies, shopping discounts, learning and wellbeing app subscriptions.