About Archangel Imaging
Archangel Imaging believe the teams of the future will be hybrid, with humans working alongside machines to solve persistent, global problems, and we’re building that future using the latest in advanced AI technologies and connected edge devices.
With projects ranging from anti-poaching protection to rail trespass monitoring, we excel in helping companies protect their remote assets and we’re proud to have won several international awards for our work. We’ll provide you a high-paced, challenging and fulfilling environment to further your career, empowering you to help you shine in your role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-stack solutions developer /architect eager to push themselves and advance their career in a friendly, cutting edge technology company.
Owning our SaaS based mission management platform, Cerebella, the ideal candidate is one who keeps their finger on the pulse of the latest developments in client-side and server-side technology (software and hardware), is passionate about their craft and can lead the team to deliver complex features with autonomy.
Our platform technology stack uses React on the front-end and React Native for our mobile applications, all served from a Node, PHP and MySQL back-end. Our infrastructure runs on AWS, enabling us to build scalability into our platform as a default. As for getting our code into production, we use the latest in CI/CD to keep our development velocity high and release risk low, deploying code to production multiple times per day.
This is a chance to join a fast moving start-up at a time when you can strongly influence the design decisions, technology selection and talent recruitment.
- Deliver first-class web, iOS and Android apps on a robust back-end and middleware solution
- Take responsibility for the full lifecycle of system development, from high level requirement gathering through to design, development, QA, release and monitoring
- Recruit, mentor and lead the applications developer team by example, crafting an empowering environment to help developers achieve their career goals
- Be the guardian of the applications roadmap and backlog, ensuring timely delivery of correctly prioritised, quality software
- Represent the company at technical and business events
Essential skills / Experience
- A degree in computer science or related subject
- Commercial full-stack system design, delivery, testing and scaling experience
- Ability to clearly communicate technical requirements and concepts to internal stakeholders
- 5+ years working with MySQL or related database technology, preferably in conjunction with ORMs like Knex/Objection
- Commercial experience with cloud deployment and containerisation
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, React Testing Library, Mocha etc)
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Production usage of messaging services (RabbitMQ, MQTT)
- Experience recruiting, retaining and leading developers
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Customer / user engagement experience
- Scalable IoT solutions experience
- User experience design and mock-up skills
- Web app, iOS and Android app GUI design experience
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
- Merit-based compensation (salary, bonuses, equity)
- A VR headset and app credits which you can keep once you have passed probation.
- Investment in you to be the best leader you can be, including training resources
- The ability to make a measurable difference in a small company with big ambitions
- Flexibility: Options for flexible working hours, working from home and custom arrangements that matter to you
- As much responsibility as you are willing to take on
- A variety of perks: Gym discounts, cinema half price, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many more!
- Location: Remote
- Interested applicants may wish to join first as a fixed-term consultant although we prefer to find a good permanent match.